What Does a Personal Injury Claim Cover?
If someone else’s negligence leaves you injured, you may face a difficult path toward physical and mental recovery. It’s important, however, to pursue the compensation to which you are entitled to help ensure that you are able to regain your health and well-being to the best of your ability. If you’ve been injured in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, don’t put off consulting with an experienced Tampa personal injury attorney.
The Damages You’ve Incurred
The injuries you’ve sustained may be considerable and should be fully addressed in your personal injury claim. Claims can cover the following and more, given the circumstances:
- Medical Costs – A serious injury can lead to extensive medical costs and may result in ongoing medical needs and even secondary health concerns. In other words, it’s important to represent your complete range of medical costs (including those that are predicted into the future) in your personal injury claim.
- Lost Wages – While you recover from the injuries you’ve sustained, you’re likely to lose hours on the job and experience lost wages as a result. If your injuries are long-lasting or quite serious, you could be looking at a decrease in your earning power into the future.
- Pain and Suffering – The physical and emotional pain and suffering that is often associated with being injured as a result of someone else’s negligence can be overwhelming. In fact, these non-economic damages can be even more difficult to surmount than the economic damages you face.
Your personal injury claim can – and should – address both your economic and non-economic damages in order to help provide you with the best opportunity to fully heal.
Seeking Just Compensation
Recovering from the physical injuries you’ve sustained can be daunting at best, which makes seeking just compensation imperative.
Your Medical Expenses
Your medical expenses alone can include all of the following:
- Emergency care at and transportation from the scene of the accident
- Surgery and surgical follow-up
- Treatment and care from doctors and specialists
- Physical therapy
- Home health care
- Adaptations to your home and adaptive physical devices
- Acupuncture, chiropractic care, and/or other forms of pain management
- Drug prescriptions
Your Lost Earnings
Being off the job while you heal can be difficult and costly, but things become that much more difficult if you’re not able to continue on the career path you’ve carved out for yourself due to the injuries you’ve sustained. Because many of us find our careers extremely rewarding and enriching, this can amount to both financial and emotional damage.
Your Physical and Emotional Pain and Suffering
The physical pain that often accompanies being injured by someone else’s negligence can be exceptionally difficult to deal with, but the emotional component can be just as damaging.
Seek the Professional Legal Counsel of an Experienced Tampa Personal Injury Attorney Today
The seasoned Tampa personal injury attorneys at Tragos, Sartes & Tragos dedicate their practice to helping clients like you obtain compensation that covers their physical, financial, and emotional damages in their entirety. To learn more about how we can help you, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 813-223-6405 today.
More to Read: